The principle program representation is done in a tree structure. The individual tree branches represent the program segments tied together by the sequence of running the program or by the functional sequence. The tree branches can be opened or closed, thus enhancing the program lucidity. The editing transaction carried out within the program consists predominantly in dragging branches or elements over the program, the program being compiled on the graphical level as a brick box.
opening a tree branch - Click with the left mouse button on + in front of the element.
- Select the element and press the [+] key.
- Select the element and press the [*] key. All sub-branches will be opened, too.
closing a tree branch - Click with the left mouse button on - in front of the element.
- Select the element and press the [-] key.
moving an element or a tree branch - Catch an element or a branch by pressing the left mouse button, drag it onto the new position, drop the element or branch by releasing the mouse button.
copying an element or a tree branch - Catch an element or an branch by pressing the right mouse button, drag it onto the new position, drop the element or branch by releasing the mouse button.
putting an element or a branch in the clipboard - Select the element or branch, press the key combination Ctrl+C (copy) or Ctrl+X (cut).
taking an element or a branch out of the clipboard - Select the target element and press the key combination Ctrfl+V.
deleting an element or a branch
- Catch the element or branch by the left mouse button, drag it into the field of the basic structural elements
- Select the element and press the Delete key.
changing the element text - Select the element and press the key combination Alt+Enter.
- Select the element, after a short time interval (1 second) click on the text with the left mouse button.
editing a variable or a function content - Double click with the left mouse button on the icon of the variable or a function.
- Select the element and press the Enter key.
renewing the change performed - Press the Ctrl+Z keys.
undoing the renewed change performed - Press the Ctrl+Y keys.
- the branch is close
- the branch is opened
- edited variable or function
- setting up the value of an element
- the element value is to be set up (otherwise it will not be used)
- the element value need not be set up, it will use the default value
- By starting the sound or music editing in the field of the global or local variables by pressing the Enter key the sound or music reproduction will be initiated. This allows for easy examining a rather great number of sounds or music by shifting the selection cursor by the keyboard and pressing Enter.
- By shifting the selection cursor across the elements of sounds and music in the field of the variables library these sounds and music are reproduced ("Preview" function). This allows for an easy and quick selection of sounds and music without having to drag them over into the program. If the text "(repeat)" or "(repeated)" occurs in the sound name, then this sound is reproduced repeatedly (this does not apply for the music). By pressing Enter the sound is played anew.
- By shifting the selection cursor across the elements of pictures in the field of the variables library a picture preview is displayed in the middle (editing) field.
- On changing the language the language of the program element descriptions is changed simultaneously. The program may include texts for several languages. On starting a program in a particular language text in this language are displayed. If the element text is empty, then the default language or another language text is used.
Full Html Context Help of The Peter - Gemtree Software & Children Programming